Who Funds Us?
We are currently funded by the following donors;
- The David and Elaine Potter Foundation – £40,000 for one year from June 2023
- John Ellerman Foundation – £90,000 over three years from June 2021
- The Joffe Charitable Trust – £135,000 over three years from March 2023
- The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust – £150,000 over three years from February 2022
- The JRSST Charitable Trust – £35,000 over one year from May 2023 to strengthen integrity in public life
- Luminate Foundation – USD 160,000 over 2 years from January 2023
- Open Society Foundations – USD 495,588 (£402,018) to support research and advocacy work on anti-money laundering reforms in the UK for three years from May 2022
- Open Society Policy Centre (in partnership with REDRESS) – USD 47,507 (£39,241) for two years from November 2021 to work on UK anti-corruption sanctions
Who do we Work With?
We work closely with other organisations that share our mission of ending corruption and are an active member of the UK Anti-Corruption Coalition. We believe strongly in the power of cooperation and coordination of civil society to achieve change.
Ending the UK’s Golden Visa Regime
Following repeated evidence that those under investigation by the NCA in money laundering cases had received Tier 1 Investor visas, Spotlight produced a briefing on the golden visa regime. We…
Barring Corrupt Firms from UK Public Procurement
Spotlight worked closely with academics and experts to push for a debarment regime to be implemented in the UK’s post-Brexit procurement regime. We engaged closely with the government consultation on…
Seeking Fair Compensation for Victims
Spotlight’s work highlighting the absence of compensation for victims of corruption has developed from advocating consistently in the media and in meetings with civil servants and law enforcement for compensation…
Advocating for Open Justice
Spotlight has worked extensively to advocate for open justice both at a policy level and through daily interactions and applications in the courts. On a policy level, we worked closely…